Restoring natural landscapes through learning, sharing, and opening spaces for discussion. I believe in the power of syntrophic production systems, environmentally friendly technologies and practical educational processes with innovative theoretical foundations that allow a conscious and harmonious interaction between humans and nature
- Research topic: “Smallholder Farmers in Mexico and their Role in Landscape Restoration”
- Thesis: Water Management and its Relation with the Development of the Community of Yoactun, Quintana Roo.
- Degree project: Auxiliary irrigation and livestock farming systems Kool-Ja (translates to Water for the Milpa in Mayan).
- Thesis: Tree shifts and automata.
- Specialization: Logic, Set Theory, Dynamic Systems and Topology
Here is a list and hyperlinks to a selection of my publications that are available in the web. I also write about diverse topics in my blog
Kool-Já began as a response to the water crisis in the Yucatan and has grown to become an open source project with more than 37 prototypes installed in the region.
- Coordination of the Regional Biogas Programme for the Yucatan Peninsula
- Project director: Rainwater for the rainforest wildlife and rural agro-sector – UNDP / GEF Small Grants Program.
- Grant writer
- Project director: Appropriate rainwater collection ecotechnologies to strengthen food sovereignty in Eastern Yucatan - FGRA / W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
- Coordination of rural and urban projects
- Grant writer
- Project co-director: 50 rainwater collection systems for Oaxaca - FAHHO / La Casa de la Ciudad.
This is a list of projects in which I have participated, click on the link to see the correspondent documentation